1. Create a logo for J Freyers, a new salon and nail spa. The client had the following requests for the logo:
• A signature/handwritten element
• Be bold and without needless elements
• Use the colours orange/gold and brown
2. Design a business card and brochure for the establishment
The whole design centres around the “J”. This is the signature of all the materials that would follow. It pays homage to the one of the few artisen crafts that we all still use on a regular basis. A salon is full of people who are specialists and highly valued in our society. The rest of the design is simple and professional and does not pull attention.
The strong orange and brown colours are used lavishly both in the design of the card and the brochure. They are meant to inspire feelings of luxury and relaxation.